Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 14

Job 22-24

I want to be real for a minute:
I had an awful day. The past couple weeks I've felt extremely overwhelmed (someone who is usually there to help me has not been around) and today I felt like I couldn't take it anymore. I started to feel sorry for myself and started to think that things were not ever going to get better. When I got into my car to go home, the song "Salvation is Here" by Hillsong United came on. I've heard this song many times and it's moved me many times. But today I felt the voice of God telling me that it's going to be alright.

"God above the world in motion
God above all my hopes and fears
I don't care what the world throws at me now
It's gonna be alright...
'Cause I know my God saved the day
And I know His word never fails
And I know my God made a way for me
Salvation is here"

We've been reading about Job. Job suffered greatly, more than any of us will ever experience or could ever understand. He didn't know why he was suffering, and I wonder if he felt like there would be no end to it in his life time. My recent trials are nothing compared to what Job went through. But one thing is similar for everyone, not matter what trials or suffering you experience: God will never let you go and it's gonna be alright. God never let go of Job and He will never let go of you or me.

No comments:

Post a Comment