Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20

Psalm 46-47

Thoughts for a time of affliction.

Joseph was able to see the hand of God behind the hand of affliction. When we go through times of suffering it is easy to focus on the hand of affliction. The hand of affliction leads to these questions,
“Where are you God?”
“Why aren’t you answering my prayers?”
“Why me?”
“Why this?”
“Why now?”
Joseph was able to get beyond those questions and see that God had a purpose in all of this. This is truly an amazing level of faith in his life.
The things that happen in our lives either make us better or they make us bitter. It all depends on our relationship with God. If I pray “Your will be done,” then I am able to trust God and will see more than afflictions. I will see the purposes of God.

Here is the prayer that should be on our lips in times of affliction: “Lord, give me faith to see behind the afflictions to see your grand purpose in all things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment