Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2

Today is accountability day!!!
Send me an email telling me the chapter you are on.

These are the difficult days when most people stop reading the Bible. Hang in there. Be disciplined and stay the course. Don’t get discouraged and quit. If you fall behind, read today’s passage and one that you skipped.

Today read Exodus 39-40

Exodus 39:32 So all the work on the tabernacle, the Tent of Meeting, was completed. The Israelites did everything just as the Lord commanded Moses.

God was very specific in what he wanted in worship. We can’t just wing it; we can’t make up the rules according to our feelings. When we come to God we better read the instructions. The same is true today.
It isn’t the rules of the tabernacle that we follow, those specific rules apply only to the Israelites, but God wants us to worship in spirit and in truth… truth implies right and wrong. There is a right way to worship God today. Did you realize that worshiping God today is your highest priority? It should be first on our “Do List” so take time right now and worship. Here is a short list of how to do it correctly.

1. Am I seeking God with all my heart? Matt 22:37 We can’t worship God with half of our heart.
2. Loving God with all my heart? Matt 22:38 Do you love God above everything else on earth?
3. Have I offered my body as a living sacrifice? Romans 12:1-2
4. Am I disconnected from anyone else? If so go and make it right. Matt 5:23-24
5. Am I a person of integrity? Matt 5:37 Acts 5
6. Am I discriminating or prejudice against anyone? James 2
7. Have I treated my wife with consideration? 1 Peter 2

Lord, help us to worship you in spirit and truth… not to make up the rules ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment