Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 17

Here are my thoughts on the reading:

We all have pride! how much pride do you have?  It's even worse if your sitting there as your reading this telling your self; "pride? who's he to tell me i have pride? I have NO pride".  If that was you, get up, and go for a walk.  Once your back from your walk try re-asking your self until you come to the depressing conclusion that we all suffer from pride.  The Israelites are the prime example of pride.  Now they are doing great and following the Lord and will get blessed with riches, but a little down the road kicks in the pride and far from the Lord they go.  

In Moses' last 'State of the Union' address, before he speaks of their victory that is promises, and soon to come he warns them about pride.  The pride that comes from the focus on your self accomplishments rather than the God given accomplishments.  

If you notice, all the times that Israel messed up the one thing that saved them was Moses' prayer.  Prayer is a powerful thing and one of the hardest things to do (at least for me).  I see these wonderful prayers that saved nations, while my sorry prayers are only to find my keys before I'm late for work.  What's wrong with that picture?  Why can't I pray more boldly ?  Pride.  Moses' always sough God's mercy through prayer and supplication.  

Personally, my prayer time is lame.  I pray for little selfish things and always tell myself that i can do it on my own .  It is only when things get really bad that i take time to pray, and even then sometimes i forget to.  At the same time i can sit here and tell you all the different times that God has answered my prayers.  Where do things change that we forget the good that God does for us?  Pride.  The self-centeredness view that allows us to think that we are in control rather than God.  

God asked for a lot from Israel, but not in any single moment was he out of control.  Things haven't changed since then, he's still in control.  Add prayer to your life, leave your pride at the door and allow God to do whatever his will is to do with you.

These are my thoughts on todays reading.  Hopefully they made sense and were helpful to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment