Friday, November 22, 2019

November 22

November 22, 2019

 

1 Peter 1:9  for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

 

Psalm 119:20  My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times.

The belief in the soul is found in just about every culture. From the Native American Indian in Connecticut to the Buddhist in Thailand everyone believes we have some kind of soul. It is interesting how this soul idea is found in our culture.

 

May God rest his soul.

"All Soul's Day" comes two days after Halloween.

SOS … Save our souls

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

And how can we forget about the best music ever created…. Soul Music.

 

But why is the soul so important? Because from the soul flows all the values, strength, direction and harmony of life. If our soul gets out of joint everything in life is out of joint. When our souls are healthy and strong, we are in harmony with God and the world.

 

Our souls are also eternal. That makes soul care the top priority today. We waste so much of our time on stuff that inevitably ends up in a land fill. Our souls will last for all eternity. That is why we must look after them and keep investing in them.

 

Pastor John Ortberg puts it this way, "There are two things for sure. One is: you have a soul. The other is: if you don't look after this one you won't be issued a replacement."  So, take time today to develop your soul.  There is nothing more important!

 


--
"Multiplying leaders to change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment