Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December 21

Psalm 140

As I read through this Psalm I couldn't help but think how God will sometimes put us in a place where we learn to pray knowing that our only hope is in Him and there is no "Plan B".  Listen to David's plea "rescue me, protect me, keep me safe, God my Lord, the strength of my deliverance, you shield my head in the day of battle".  We don't know how or who God will put in our path to get us through our struggle, or perhaps He Himself will perform the miracle, but we do have countless Biblical accounts of God's hand rescuing, protecting and shielding His people.  We also have many accounts in our church and in our own lives of God moving miraculously in our lives.  Psalm 121:2 tells us that our help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth.  So today, when we take our quiet time to pray, let's lift our eyes to the hills and pray because there is no "Plan B".

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment