Saturday, July 2, 2016

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Saturday, July 2, 2016
By Keesha Sullivan

        When I thought about my Heavenly Daddy seeing and hearing me in the secret place weeping, my eyes became moist with tears and I felt butterflies in my stomach. As I thought about Him coming to the rescue as my Protector and Helper, I felt a burning sensation within my chest and the tears began to roll down my cheeks. There have been so many moments where I've needed supernatural help in my life and God was the only One I could turn to. When I called to my Heavenly Daddy, He came running even quicker than my earthly daddy, which is pretty hard to do. Our Heavenly Daddy loves us with such a passionate, unconditional, deep, intimate love that it softens the hardest hearts and warms the coldest places. 
"Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, 'Remember O Lord how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes. And Hezekiah wept bitterly'" (2 Kings 20:2-3). Hezekiah was in a dire situation. The prophet Isaiah had let him know that he was going to die and that he would not recover from his illness. Hezekiah wasn't ready to die. The only One that could save him from death was God, so he pleaded with the Lord.
Although Isaiah had just delivered the news to Hezekiah, before he even left Hezekiah's dwelling, the Lord stopped him and filled his mouth with a new prophecy. " 'Go back and tell Hezekiah, the leader of my people, 'This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you.'" (2 Kings 20: 4-5).
God saw Hezekiah in his secret place weeping and crying out to Him. He immediately came to His son's rescue. He gave Isaiah a word of encouragement to share with Hezekiah to let him know that his Heavenly Father saw him and had heard his prayer. 
Although the Lord doesn't always say yes to my requests as He did for Hezekiah, just knowing that God, the Creator of the universe, listens to me and that He sees me when I'm in need makes my heart swell with joy and gives me an incredible peace. I trust that we have a Good Father and that His Word is true. Isaiah 55:9 says, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." I know that our Heavenly Daddy knows what's best for us and that He always has our best interest at heart. 
Father, thank you for always being there for us. Thank you for taking the time to love us, help us and protect us. Thank You, Heavenly Father, for always having Your sons and daughters on Your mind and close to Your heart. We love You, and we are grateful that You are a Father that deeply cares for His children. You are the best and we adore You with all of our heart, our soul, and our mind. In Jesus's name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment