Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Matthew 26:31-46

My message today is very short and simple. I picked Matthew because it points out a very human flaw. How often have you done something or said something or gone somewhere and then said - I will NEVER again! They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and even though we swear to ourselves that we will NEVER again, we often fall short of our promises to ourselves and others. As my mother used to say, "Never say never!" I know that in my lifetime, there were three things that I said I would NEVER do. Guess what - I did them all!

The things that I did still bother me when they come to mind, but I am grateful for a Mighty, Loving God who knew they would come to pass, just as His denial by Peter; not once but three times, and I grateful for His forgiveness and mercy. Just as He died for forgiveness of our sins, we have to forgive ourselves. I do not want to even imagine how devastated Peter must have felt when the words the Lord spoke to him came to pass.

Father - in each day and every way, may I give You thanks and praise for all You have done and forgiven in me. You knew my sins before I committed them and You still forgive and love me. You are a Good, Good Father!! Thank You!

Jesus Predicts Peter's Denial

On the way, Jesus told them, "Tonight all of you will desert me. For the Scriptures say,
God will strike the Shepherd,
and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'
But after I have been raised from the dead, I will go ahead of you to Galilee and meet you there."
Peter declared, "Even if everyone else deserts you, I will never desert you."
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter—this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me."
"No!" Peter insisted. "Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny you!" And all the other disciples vowed the same.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of people don't realize that depression is an illness. I don't wish it on anyone, but if they would know how it feels, I swear they would think twice before they just shrug it. See the link below for more info.


    #swear
    www.ufgop.org


    ReplyDelete